Across Central London the NHS are encouraging everyone to sign up for the NHS App – a simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on a smartphone or tablet.
You can use the NHS App to:
- check your symptoms
- book appointments
- order repeat prescriptions
- view your GP medical records
- do an online consultation using econsult to tell us about your symptoms. A member of GP staff will reply to you with next steps
- view your hospital medical record, including hospital appointments, letters, investigations and results
View your hospital health records
An additional feature available to Central London patients using the NHS App is access to your hospital health records including:
- letters and discharge summaries
- results of scans and tests
- past and future appointments
The ability to see your hospital records is provided by the Care Information Exchange (CIE) programme, which uses a system called Patients Know Best. Your GP practice will let you know when it is available to you.
You will find information in your Care Information Exchange record from participating hospitals where you receive care. This includes Charing Cross, Chelsea and Westminster, Hammersmith, Hillingdon, Mount Vernon, Queen Charlotte’s and Chelsea, St Mary’s, Western Eye, and West Middlesex hospitals.
You can find more information about the Care Information Exchange on its website.