In order to assist us to make a full assessment of the potential risks to your health from your planned travel, we would ask that you make a Travel Clinic appointment with our Practice Nurse. Ideally, this appointment should be made around the time of booking your holiday, at least 6 weeks before you travel.
At your appointment we may ask the following questions to help us plan for your trip:
- When are you departing and for how long?
- Where are you going, including the destinations within a country?
- Where are you staying, e.g. backpacking, camping, hotels?
- Are you planning to undertake any high risk activities?
- Have you taken out travel insurance and have you informed the company of any existing medical condition?
- If female and of child bearing age, is there any possibility you could be pregnant, or are you planning a pregnancy?
- Do you have any medical conditions, or a history of significant medical illness? (these can influence the choice of malaria tablets we recommend)
It would help us greatly if you had some awareness of the travel problems that you may be at risk from on your trip before you come for your appointment.
|Immunisations including Travel||For Patients Registered at the Practice|
|Chicken Pox. Set of 2 required.||£180 for both||£180 for both|
|Cholera. Set of 2 required.||£70 for both||£70 for both|
|Hepatitis A and Typhoid combined||£78.54||FREE|
|Hepatitis B – price per vaccine. Set of 3 required||£37.00||£37.00|
|Hepatitis A and Hepatitis B combined||£73.00||FREE|
|HPV Gardasil. May need 1 vaccination or full course of 3. Discuss with Nurse.||£165 per dose||FREE for pts aged 12-18|
|HPV Cervarix||Not available||Not available|
|Malaria private prescription||£15.50||£15.50|
|Meningitis ACWY (AWCY Vax)||£70.00||£70.00|
|Meningitis ACWY (Nimenrix/Menveo)||£70.00||£70.00|
|Meningitis B||£105.00||Available privately by request|
|Pneumovax||£85.00||FREE for at Risk Patients|
|Shingles||£175.00||FREE for those who fall into NHS criteria – check with Nurse|
|Tick-borne. May need 1 booster or full course of 3. Discuss with Nurse.||£85 per dose||£85.00|